AUA Public Events
- This event has passed.
The Technology Transfer Office (TTO)
October 3, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
About the Event:
The Technology Transfer Office (TTO) encompasses different kinds of organizational structures whose common core role is to assist public research organizations (PROs) in managing their intellectual assets in ways that facilitate their transformation into benefits for society. In doing this, the TTO helps to bridge the gap between research and innovation.
The talk will cover the following issues:
- Introduction: Licensing, definitions and terms; Role of the TTO; Knowledge transfer from PROs and transfer channels in which TTOs;
- Motivations and interests including the innovation paradox, a new rationale and new challenges;
- Resources: Organizational models and funding;
- Interactions: the PRO community and Industry, business and community actors;
- Evaluation and Policy Intervention:; Step-by-step: implementation
About the Speaker:
Dr. Milly Perry is an expert and consultant for innovation and R&D. She is a former Research director at The Open University of Israel and CEO of its TTO Company. Her first PhD. in Information science specialized in KM in Higher Education and Technology Transfer and Innovation Management (Post.Doc). Dr. Perry established the “aKadeMya” forum, a community of practice for managers and scholars implementing Knowledge Management in Higher education (sponsored by Microsoft Israel). Dr. Perry was a Member of the National Committee for Israeli’s Researchers Database, a board member at ERAMA ‒ The European Association for research administration, and an active expert at the EC ERC-PoC and OECD, and a Blockchain entrepreneur and evangelist.