AUA Public Events
- This event has passed.
Community Resilience: Strengthening Preparedness and Response Capacity to Tailing and Water Dam Failures
December 10, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
About the Event:
The conference is held within the framework of EU Alliance for Disaster Risk Reduction (ALTER) Project. ALTER Project focuses on establishing public-private partnerships to address flood risks that may stem from water and mining dam failures. The conference agenda includes but is not limited to the following topics:
- ALTER Project Achievements in Enhancing Community Resilience,
- International Disaster Risk Reduction Framework,
- Environmental Risks and Management of Tailing Storage Facilities,
- Flash floods from Dams’ failure. Best practices in Managing the Risks,
- Challenges, perspectives, and new technologies for Flash Flood Early Warning Systems.