AUA Public Events
- This event has passed.
Implementation of EPR system in the framework of EU-CEPA
November 15 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm +04
About the Event:
The AUA Acopian Center for the Environment (within the framework of the “Waste Policy Armenia” program funded by Sweden), American Chamber of Commerce in Armenia (within the framework of the Center for International Private Enterprise “Strong Associations-Strong Advocates” program), the Armenian-British Business Chamber, the British Embassy in Yerevan, and the Union of Manufacturers and Businessmen of Armenia (UMBA) are co-organizing a discussion on Introduction of the Extended Producer Responsibility system within the framework of the EU-Armenia Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement (CEPA).
The purpose of the event is to share knowledge about the extended producer responsibility system in Armenia with local businesses, discuss the challenges and lessons learned from countries with a similar background to Armenia with international and local experts, as well as present the progress of the Sustainable Waste Management initiative of AmCham Armenia.
The project is aligned with the Republic of Armenia (RA) Ministry of Environment and RA Ministry of Territorial Administration and Infrastructure.
Representatives from the RA government, international organizations, embassies, waste management operators, CSO/NGOs, international experts, and other stakeholders are invited to the event.
Prior registration is required. Please register at the following link.
About the Speakers:
- Ashot Hovanesian, American Chamber of Commerce in Armenia president
- John Gallagher, ambassador of UK to RA
- Patrik Svensson, ambassador of Sweden to RA
- Chip Laitinen, deputy chief of Mission, U.S. Embassy of RA
- Vache Terteryan, RA deputy minister of Territorial Administration and Infrastructure
- Tigran Gabrielyan, RA deputy minister of Environment
- Harutyun Alpetyan, expert, AUA Acopian Center for the Environment, co-chair of AmCham “Sustainable Development” committee
- Elina Markaryan, 1st vice-president of AmCham Armenia, “Sustainable Development” committee, vice-president of ABBC
- Andrew Whiteman, director, RWA Group
- Kyriakos Parpounas, managing director, Parpounas Sustainability Consultants Company
- Jacob Hayler, executive director, Environmental Services Association, UK
- Filip Ivanovski, managing director, Pakomak, North Macedonia
- Alexander Urmanov, executive director, Ecopack Bulgaria AD, Bulgaria
- Evaldas Galvanauskas, second secretary, Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania to RA
- Stephen Bates, Behaviour Change communications expert, RWA Group
- Armen Martirosyan, UMBA vice-president
- Mkhitar Avetisyan, president & co-founder of Innovative Solutions for Sustainable Development of Communities (ISSD)
- Tigran Tshorokhyan, SDG Innovation Lab lead