AUA Public Events
- This event has passed.
COVID-19 & the Armenian Economy
July 20, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm +04
About the Event:
Join us for a webinar “COVID-19 and the Armenian Economy,” where representatives from AUA’s Manoogian College of Business and Economics (CBE) will present their real-time findings, largely based on a mobile survey titled “Employment patterns during COVID-19 epidemic in Armenia.” The survey was conducted by the Avedisian Center for Business Research and Development (CBRD) covering all of Armenia. Respondents were chosen through territorially stratified random sampling, from Yerevan and all other regions of the country.
The discussion will be available online via Zoom and Facebook. If you wish to participate and ask questions, register here.
About the Speakers:
Gurgen Aslanyan, Assistant Professor
Vardan Baghdasaryan, MSM Program Chair, Associate Professor
Mane Beglaryan, MBA Program Chair, Assistant Professor
Vahram Ghushchyan, MSE Program Chair, Professor
Karen Sarkavagyan, Lecturer, Industry Liaison
Hayk Kamalyan, Assistant Professor
The webinar will be moderated by the Dean of the Manoogian Simone College of Business and Economics Dr. Vache Gabrielyan.
The List of CBRD Research Notes:
- Vache Gabrielyan, Dean, Professor, “COVID19 and Working from Home: What are the Trends?”
- Aleksandr Grigoryan, Associate Professor, and Knar Khachatryan, BAB Program Chair, Associate Professor, “Gender dimension of employment decisions during the COVID-19 lockdown:evidence from Armenia”
- Gurgen Aslanyan, Assistant Professor, and Vardan Baghdasaryan, MSM Program Chair, Associate Professor, “Financial Strain: The Mitigating Effects of Precautionary Savings and the Futility of Fiscal Stimuli”
- Gurgen Aslanyan, Assistant Professor and Armen Mirzoyan, Senior Economist, Moody’s Analytics, “COVID-19 and Armenia 2020: Measuring Forgone Output”
- Mane Beglaryan, MBA Program Chair, Assistant Professor, “Assessing the impact of COVID-19 on SMEs in Armenia”
- Vahram Ghushchyan, MSE Program Chair, Professor, “Coronavirus Statistics, Learning from the Success Stories,” “Inclusive Virus, Exclusive Economic Outcomes”
- Karen Sarkavagyan, Lecturer, Industry Liaison, “COVID19 and Armenian Business Reality: Do We Have the Capabilities to be Resilient and to Recover Fast?”
- Gayane Barseghyan, Associate Professor, “Gender differences in optimism during the Coronavirus outbreak”
- Hayk Kamalyan, Assistant Professor, “COVID-19:The potential impact on the Armenian Economy.”