AUA Public Events
- This event has passed.
Environmental Rights and Constitutional Reforms in Armenia
November 30 @ 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm +04
About the Event:
The AUA Acopian Center for the Environment and the Institute of Philosophy, Sociology, and Law of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia are co-organizing a discussion on “Environmental Rights and Constitutional Reforms in Armenia.”
The event’s purpose is sharing knowledge about the environmental framework for Armenia’s Constitutional reforms, discussing the institutionalizing protection of the environment, and introducing the Citizen Participation in Constitutional Reform to learn from the Irish Citizen’s Assembly experience.
The event venue details will be provided upon registration.
Prior registration is required. Please register here.
About the Speakers:
- Alen Amirkhanyan, director, Acopian Center for the Environment, American University
- Emil Ordukhanyan, director, Institute of Philosophy, Sociology, and Law, National
Academy of Sciences of Armenia
- Gayane Gabrielyan, deputy minister of Environment of Armenia
- H.E. Patrik Svensson, the ambassador of Sweden to Armenia
- H.E. John Gallagher, the ambassador of UK to Armenia
- Davit Hakobyan, senior researcher, the Institute of Philosophy, Sociology, and Law,
National Academy of Sciences; member of the Constitutional Reform Commission of
- Sharon Pia Hickey, associate programme officer, Constitution-Building programme;
member of Task Force on Climate Change and Democracy, the International Institute
for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (IDEA), the Netherlands
- Prof. Jane Suiter, director, Institute for Future Media, Democracy and Society, Dublin
City University, Ireland