AUA Public Events
The lecture will discuss the industrial developments of Armenia during Soviet times and the situation today, as well as economic issues and priorities, quality management importance for export promotion, SME obstacles, etc. The lecture will focus on:
• First contributors in the development of Armenian industry
• Industrial production capacity of Soviet Armenia. Main industrial companies (past and present)
• Current economic situation in Armenia, and comparison with neighbor countries
• Eleven priority sectors of economy and export capacities
• Labor force and its efficiency. Importance of Occupational Safety and Health.
• Enabling environment for SMEs
• Main ISO standards for Armenia and current management issues
• The role of industrial engineering for modernization of Armenian enterprises
Dr. Makaryan has published numerous articles and books on economic development issues. He has taken a leading role in the strategic design of national policies on SME development and youth employment. He has led various projects on social-economic issues in Armenian and abroad, targeted at youth employment, restructuring of companies, export promotion, SME and women entrepreneurship development, productivity and competitiveness of companies, etc.